Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to support product line growth through alignment of customer and market needs with internal capabilities. This includes supporting and leading product line plan formulation and execution with operations, development, engineering, sales, and marketing organizations.
• Centralize and expand on all product and process attribute data, maintaining technical validity and accuracy of sell sheets and sales pitch deck as customer interests and markets evolve.
• Lead and/or assist in coordinating technical customer engagements, including preparation of technical slide decks and management of action plans
• Serve as project leader for resolving select quality issues and associated product evolution.
• Lead or participate in annual Product Line Plan activities as required:
- Competitive advantage analysis and product value proposition
- Pricing, placement, and promotion policy
- Customer management strategy
- Environmental analysis including industry trends, competitive analysis, and customer roadmaps and needs
- Plan to win detailing the investments required to grow capabilities, sales, and profit in line with the 4P policies
- Create detailed statements of work to support quotes for projects including multi-phase development efforts, working with PLM and Account managers to ensure such documents comply with all contractual requirements as defined with legal
- Lead or assist with technical roadmapping, including attribute improvement and product expansion in line with customer roadmaps.
- Lead the summarization and external communication of internally-driven or supplier-driven process changes to customers, including presentation of supporting data
- Lead or support the translation of customer requirements into internal product requirements and process input and output conditions. Coordinate the manufacturing of samples.
- Support continuous understanding and active protection of the Corning IP portfolio and interaction with the Corning IP legal team.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, or equivalent Desired: Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Physics, or Materials Science or Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Require 2-3 years of experience in technology-driven manufacturing business
- Require either 2-3 years in account management, applications engineering, or engineering role closely supporting customers or new product development
- Preferred: 3-5 years in engineering, project management, or manufacturing experience in technology-leading company with tangible (not service) products
10-20% approximate annual travel requirements for international customer meetings. An incremental 30% for on-site Canton support for Corning-residing APLM (>50% on-site CN support/training/knowledge building in year 1 for Corning-residing APLM).
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning also offers:
Corning offers a competitive salary, pension, and family medical leave.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.