About the Job
The DMOS6 Surface Prep/Metrology Engineering Supervisor role is an exciting opportunity to contribute in both a technical and leadership capacity in a 300mm Wafer Fab. Engineering Supervisors provide leadership and development for a team of equipment/process technicians. They work across the organization with both engineering and manufacturing to set daily priorities and align with the DMOS6 directive of Safe, Right, and Productive. Engineering Supervisors also drive continuous improvement on key metrics like Safety, Tool Availability, First Pass Success, Fails per 10k and Cost.
In addition, Engineering Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of a wafer fabrication process including tool selection and process definition. They assist with the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment. This includes process setup and technician and operator training. This position will use data to make intelligent improvements to overall fabrication process and will be responsible for understanding all aspects of the process performed. This includes the interaction of the process to other fab processing, enabling accurate product dispositions of non-conforming product.
Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
• Manage a team of Surface Prep/Metrology technicians across the day shifts.
• Lead passdown at the beginning of each day shift.
• Responsible for safety of the technicians and working on continuous improvement in safety.
• Work closely with the Manufacturing Supervisors & Engineers on setting work priorities.
• Responsible for providing feedback to Technicians in terms of coaching and performance evaluations throughout the year.
• Provide leadership and development to the technicians on shift.
• Maintain compliance to all safety and non-safety training.
• Coordinate and execute scheduled maintenance on time. Critical down reports will be required in certain cases.
• Manage any factory excursion or safety related issues that occur on shift.
• Work closely with section manager on Safety, Quality, 5S, Cost, ZUM and Cycle Time improvements.
• Provide progress reports on tools, processes and goals
• Plan across various groups and building collaborative relationships
• Understand customer demands and the impact of actions
• Project management that results in the timely execution of actions that resolve issues
• Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications
• Work with equipment vendors to sustain and enhance equipment performance from both a process and tool standpoint
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics
• Must have 2 year of experience working in a semiconductor cleanroom environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Working well in a team environment is imperative in this role
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. TI is committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with Texas Instruments – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity