Power. We know all about it. As one of our engineers, you’ll help to provide solutions to our customer’s power problems. The power systems automation group is a full-service systems integrator with the capability to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies to provide a complete power automation solution. Our team brings extensive skills and experience with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Our experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. We offer single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
ThePower Systems Automation Engineering Internship with the Electrical Engineering Services and Systems Division is designed to provide opportunities to a diverse mix of students who demonstrate the same high level of ethics, values, creativity and performance we expect from our employees. During the 12-week paid internship, students will work on projects that have a measurable impact on our business and will be coached and mentored by Eaton leaders. Your engineering assignments will involve on-site implementation of Power Management and mission critical monitoring and control systems, including the Foreseer Electrical Power Monitoring Solution. You will provide applied engineering and consultation to customers in the areas of system integration, installation, start-up, commissioning, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management, control, and mission critical systems.
This internship will help prepare you for both technical and future leadership roles at Eaton. As an intern, you will be provided with a structured training and development curriculum; a blend of instructor-led, virtual classrooms, eLearning courses, and on-the-job training to assist you in developing your career.
(Including Educational Requirements):
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in engineering with a major in Electrical, Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechatronics, Industrial or Electrical/Computer from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Coursework in electrical engineering or computer engineering preferred
- Experience with engineering software (AutoCAD, MATLAB)
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Internship Program
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to climb and reach above shoulder level. The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push/pull greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Intern Assignment Manager.
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the intern; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- The summer internship culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
- Cleveland, Ohio
- San Diego, California
- Grapevine, Texas
- Fenton, Missouri
- Morrisville, North Carolina
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- City Of Industry, California
- Lewiston, Maine
- Lenexa, Kansas
- Parma, Ohio
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Austin, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Pelham, Alabama
- Littleton, Colorado
- Pleasanton, California
- Glendale Heights, Illinois
- Smyrna, Georgia
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Bellevue, Washington
- Warrendale, Pennsylvania
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
To apply visit: