The primary function of this position is to effectively leverage and engage Eaton’s enterprise wide resources to grow sales of turnkey electrical projects and UPS centric solutions within the State and Federal Government. They will also drive opportunities for obtaining government contracts within the target customer base.
The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base, to increase sales in the local marketplace, and to provide application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers.
The primary responsibility is to manage the assigned customer base to increase sales in the target marketplace and provide application guidance and technical assistance to the assigned customer base.
The role will require a focus on business development and growth with existing and new customers in the assigned territory.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. They create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements
- Quote projects and negotiate correct required pricing
- Prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- Build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects
- Work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues
- Canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements
- Assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions
- Obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of electrical industry sales experience
- Ability to apply and obtain Federal Security clearances
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience or selling to the state and/or Federal Government OR a minimum of 5 years selling into data center (power quality solutions) market is required
- Ability to travel 50%.
- Thorough understanding of the state and/or federal government process and structure for program decisions, specifying and procurement.
- Knowledge of Power Quality and Distribution Products.
- Skilled in communicating technical information to non-technical personnel, educating customers and presenting information to internal and external customers
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time