Company: Micross Components
Location: Milpitas, CA
Reports To: CTO
The Mechanical Assembly EngineerMicroelectronics Manufacturing & Process Engineer will develop and manage all related MIC Microelectronic assembly processes, such as die attaching, wire bonding, seam sealing, stack die packaging, flip-chip assembly process, and electromechanical fixturing design. This engineer will work directly with the Operation and Business Development staff to develop, document, implement, and improve robust mechanical packaging assembly methodology in the areas of RF or Digital semiconductor electrical component and IC chips assembly and packaging in a broad range of device from diodes, inductors, capacitors, transistors, RF ASIC, FPGA to microprocessors.
Familiarity with industry standards documentations for IC materials, methods and processes i.e Mil-PRF-38534/35, IPC and JEDEC requirements is an preferred attribute
The Mechanical Microelectronics Manufacturing & Process Assembly Engineer will actively interact with Business Development Managers, Program Managers, Engineering, Quality, External Customers and Suppliers to provide outstanding robust and reliable components and semiconductor chip characterization, assembly, packaging support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage advanced MIC assembly processes – such as die attaching, wire bonding, seam sealing, flip-chip assembly process,
- Develop and design advanced packaging and electromechanical fixturing for customer requirements or internal demands
- Conceive methods and processes to meet customer’s prototype packaging and assembly requirements
- Develop bills of materials and operation routers for assembly projects including time studies and workflow analysis
- Drive project milestones to meet customer program requirement
- Drive cost reduction and yield improvement projects
- Selection of materials and processes for high reliability applications
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in semiconductor related manufacturing field.
- Proficient in computer-aided 3D design software such as Solidworks and/or Autocad
- Due to export control rules, must be a US citizen or a Greed Card holder
- Electro mechanical understanding of semiconductor components and thermal management techniques
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical assembly techniques, controls, and automation
- Advanced understanding of assembly processes for engineered products and packaging, especially in the Military and Aerospace industries
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Comply with all quality and ITAR policies, practices and procedures;
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals;
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees;
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
- Other Job Skills: · Proactive self-starter capable of working independently with minimal supervision and high capacity to support multiple tasks with varying levels of complexity; · High level of personal drive and responsiveness with attention to detail; · Strong organization, time management and prioritization skills are required · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Apply for this job here.