The Sales Engineer is a supportive role, working in a specific region directly and sometimes indirectly with Territory Development Representatives and Regional Sales Managers to grow design-in revenue in the region. The incumbent will need to be well organized, customer-focused and technical in order to be successful. The Sales Engineer will provide technical advice, knowledge and support through the design cycle with the goal of a position on the customer’s approved vendor list. Success is measured in terms of design confirmations and revenue.
The Sales Engineer must work collaboratively with the company’s management, engineering, sales, product management and production areas with the goal of providing creative solutions and product expertise to PEI’s customers. The position will require the incumbent to be influential and able to build relationships with internal resources as well as external with customers, manufacturers and manufacturer’s representatives.
***This is a remote, field-sales engineer opportunity covering the Western United States and reporting out of our Santa Ana, CA sales branch
Education / Experience /Skills:
- BA/BS, Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
- Five years (minimum) successful professional selling experience with technical products in a business-to-business environment.
- Experience in electronic component sales preferred
- Experience in a multi-asset team selling environment preferred, but not required
- Proficient in all computer skills to include the company CRM and Microsoft programs of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
***Previous experience with connectors and cable assemblies is highly preferred.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development of sales strategies for targeted vertical markets and key customers in an assigned geographic region
- Maintain relevant industry knowledge both commercial and technical with customers served in your region
- Collaborate with TDR’s on design solutions with key customers in your assigned region resulting in revenue growth
- Maximize time and territory plans to increase productivity, solutions selling and sales of PEI products
- Increase design opportunities utilizing products manufactured and or distributed by PEI for integration into customer solutions
- Build relationships with key customers in the region with the goal of becoming the trusted advisor and primary resource for connectivity design solutions
- Initiate, coordinate and conduct seminars/lunch & learns to promote PEI products and value proposition at new and existing customers in your region
- Build relationships with manufacturer representative firms and manufacturers of products to increase preferential treatment and share of mind
- Promote PEI’s corporate vision and values to encourage teamwork, continual improvement, customer focus and ethical behavior
- Achieve annual budget targets while developing a forward looking high potential customer portfolio
- Build relationships and work closely with internal resources such as product management engineering training as well as other departments
- Participate in the annual budget process
- Develop industry leading product knowledge through utilization of internal and external resources
- Identify, engage and penetrate with action plans Engineering departments at potential OEM accounts to grow cable assembly and design-in business