Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Senior Power System Controls Engineer to join our team. This position is based out of Eaton’s office in Houston, Grapevine or San Antonio, Texas. Position does require up to 50% travel.
The Senior Power System Controls Engineer will provide field service systems integration engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.
The Power Systems Controls group is a full-service systems integrator with the capabilities to integrate the necessary equipment and technologies, to provide a complete, power automation solution. This team of engineers and technicians brings extensive skills and experiences with a variety of leading HMI software packages enabling us to design graphically rich, easy-to-use operator interfaces that take advantage of the latest standalone or web-based technologies. Eaton’s experience transcends a multitude of equipment manufacturers, software packages, and network architectures, including all major OEMs HMI, PLCs, and components. Eaton offers single point responsibility, a high level of engineering and systems integration expertise, and a unified focus on cost effective solutions, seamless integration, HMI development, energy management tools, and professional turnkey system design and implementation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. They create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help reach their full potentialv .
In this function you will:
- Program Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s).
- Write and deploy complex power and control schemes including load shedding/ peak shaving schemes utilizing multiple distributed energy resources, Microgrid operations, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development.
- Be responsible for working with test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Be expected to work with relay logic.
- Quote general turnkey controls schemes (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of power system industry experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the locations will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and associated protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC-61850)
- PE License.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Possess and maintains an active and valid drivers license
Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. Eaton is confident that they can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that their employees embody. They are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time