Location: Fort Worth, TX, US, 76118
The primary function of the Technical Application Support Manager is to manage the operation of Allied’s Technical Support teams. They will strive to provide our salespeople & customers with best-in-class support from answering simple product questions to handling advanced system applications.
- Define operational strategies that align with corporate vision
- Develop & implement roadmaps that bring the strategic objectives to life
- Collaborate with internal teams & suppliers on project execution.
- Work with global teams on strategic projects and to define best practices
- Team operations
- Manage the daily operation of Technical Support teams. Be a hands-on leader that works directly with our staff, sales teams, and suppliers to help customers find solutions to their problems. Serve as an escalation resource for customer support.
- Monitor performance metrics including workflow, SLA, staff throughput, opportunity pipeline, & Net Promoter Score (NPS). Drive continuous improvement.
- Create & deliver reports
- Tools & resources
- Effectively utilize applications such as the case management system, CRM, project management workspace, data dashboards, & Allied websites in daily operations.
- Drive the development & use of tools that improve operational efficiency
- Expand the range of self-help resources that can be utilized by our salespeople & customers.
- Work with product management & marketing teams on promotional campaigns and the improvement of our product content & website
- Thought leadership content
- Collaborate with marketing on the creation of technical content including articles, videos, blogs, social posts, etc.
- Stay abreast of new product announcements & industry trends
- Develop talent to ensure we provide best-in-class support to our customers, suppliers, & sales team
- Coordinate with suppliers & training team on the development of curriculums for each level & role within the team
- Promote a culture of continuous learning that enables the team to keep pace with the changes in technology and Allied’s offers
- Job will require occasional travel for meeting & training (less than 10%). Most trips will be of 2-4 day duration with the possibility of occasional global travel
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Distribution
- 3+ years experience in a team leadership role
- 5+ years experience in system integration, application engineering, or technical support of high-tech products
- Demonstrated ability to define strategies, execute projects, improve operations, & manage change
- Passionate about helping customers find solutions to their challenges
- Strong interpersonal, written, & verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer-facing & presentation skills, including the use of visual media
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc)
- Valid passport
- Experience selecting & applying technical products in Allied’s line card including automation & control, board-level electronics, connectors, power products, test & measurement, pneumatics, mechanical transmission, etc
- Experience in configuring & programming PLCs, HMIs, Variable Frequency Drives, & other intelligent components from suppliers in Allied’s line card
- Prior experience in leading customer support teams or technical sales teams
- 2+ years in a sales role
- Ability to read & draw electrical & mechanical schematics. Aptitude for designing, fabricating, assembling, & wiring electro-mechanical systems.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Allied is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices, including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
About Allied Electronics & Automation
Allied Electronics & Automation is a high service level, authorized distributor of industrial automation, interconnect, cabling, and electromechanical products. We are part of the $1.7 billion global distributor, Electrocomponents, serving as Allied Electronics & Automation in the Americas and RS Components around the rest of the world.
Our global footprint and world-class logistics allow us to give customers the products they need, when they need them.
We pride ourselves on the great working environment that we’ve created at Allied, where our employees can make a difference in the lives our customers, we can move fast, experiment when needed, can operate with autonomy and where everyone is focused on doing the right thing for the customer.